Thursday, July 31, 2014

Take That Step of Faith

Yesterday I had to look for something in the attic of the church. The attic has an old wood ladder that goes up towards where our steeple is. The ladder is very high and very old, two things that shouldn't be paired together. 
I didn't have a problem climbing the ladder, I had a problem coming down it. Why? 

Because the ladder being on such a vertical angle didn't allow me to see the first step! 

As I tried to take the first step I felt my body begin to tremble in fear. Once I realized that I would have to come down without seeing the step I crouched down to just get it over with.

As I began to take first step I felt God say, "That's a what a step of faith is!" Once I took the first one he said, "If it doesn't scare you, it's not faith! Once you take the step I'll always be there!" 

The bible says...
For we walk by faith [we regulate our lives and conduct ourselves by our conviction or belief respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, with trust and holy fervor; thus we walk] not by sight or appearance. (2 Corinthians 5:7 KJV)

Martin Luther King Jr said, "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole ladder!"

Today God challenges us to begin walking in faith. Don't fear because he'll be there and you won't fall. So take that step of Faith that God has been telling you to take! 





1 comment: