Thursday, March 5, 2015

Are We There Yet?

This weekend my husband Jerameel had the privilege of going to Florida to spend time with his family. On his last day he took his nephew to The Rainforest Cafe to eat and see the animals. On the way there he sent me a text message saying they Ethan had already asked him five times, "Are we there yet?" And on that last time he told him to stop asking if not he was going to turn around and take him home. Five minutes later they arrived at Downtown Disney and had a great time. 

When I read the text message I felt God say that I'm just like that 4 year old little kid on a car ride asking, "are we there yet?" How many times have we been on a journey with God and when it seems that He is taking too long to arrive at the final destination we begin to question him? 

I have struggled with this in the past few months. I had begun to feel like Sarah must have felt when she convinced Abraham to sleep with the servant and have a child with her. Yet that detour that Sarah and Abraham took trying to find a short cut on the journey to the promise God had given, came at a cost. 

How many times have we taken what seems to be a short cut but it has taken us longer to arrive to our destination? 

God is never late, he's always on time, faithful to his word and has a perfect plan. The bible says that our steps are ordered, still we try to map our own course many times. 

Today I want to encourage someone who like me at times has grown weary while waiting to arrive to the place of there promise! Even if you're a hundred years old, when the promise comes to pass the Lord will be gracious as He said and do for you what he promised! 

Now the Lord was gracious to Sarah as he had said, and the Lord did for Sarah what he had promised. Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him. Abraham gave the name Isaac to the son Sarah bore him. When his son Isaac was eight days old, Abraham circumcised him, as God commanded him. Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him. Sarah said, “God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me.” And she added, “Who would have said to Abraham that Sarah would nurse children? Yet I have borne him a son in his old age.” (Genesis 21:1-7 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment